After typing in your answers or clicking on the boxes, print out
the quiz so you can compare it with the answer page. Have
- Monkfish is also known as (a) goosefish
poor man’s lobster (c) anglerfish
(d) all of the above.
- Major U.S. tuna canneries recently relocated
from California to (a ) Hawaii (b ) Virgin Islands (c ) Puerto
- Catfish farming is heaviest in the state of
- Mahi-mahi (dolphin) a mammal?
- The most expensive blue crab meat is (a) claw
meat (b) regular body meat
(c) back fin or lump meat.
- A five pound box of 31-35 count shell-on shrimp
tails should contain (a) 155-175
(b) 200-225 (c) 225-250 tails.
- Gulf of Mexico shrimp are extremely long-lived
animals. True or
- Oysters are often named for the locale where
they are harvested. True or
- The blue crab is the only crustacean that is
a delicacy in the soft shell state. True or
- What common shellfish has an optical system
so similar to human eyes that it has been used in physiological
- The largest wholesale seafood market in the
United States is the .
- Tuna is caught mainly by which three methods?
- What fishing method is primarily used to catch
- How are most crabs and lobsters caught?
- Whales, jumbos, primes, hotels and mediums are
sizes of .
- The largest and thickest leg segment of the
king crab and snow crab is called the.
- Are oysters safe to eat in month without an
- How can one tell if clams, oysters and mussels
- In general, shellfish have a fat content lower
than five percent. True or
- Which of these has the fewest calories per 100
grams: (a) broiled Atlantic cod fillet
(b) boiled shrimp (c) baked
- The most commonly used method of fish cookery
in the United States is (a) broiling
(b) pan frying (c) baking
- The oyster dish which originated at Antoine’s
in New Orleans is .
- A famous Key West seafood breakfast is (a) tarpon
and taters (b) grits and grunts
(c) mussels and molasses.
- Who is credited with the quote “He was a bold
man that first eat the oyster”?
- Brackish water is (a) dirty seawater
less salty than sea water (c) dirty freshwater.